Trade Show Design and Marketing Basics: 10 Do’s and Don’ts
In marketing, regardless of what industry your company is in, it is extremely important to be attractive to customers. There are many different ways to attract customers, and one of the most effective ways to do so would be through a trade show.
Promoting your company during a trade show can brig about many benefits. You will be able to showcase your new products and services during a trade show. This can help your company increase connections and bring in potential new clients.
While a trade show can effectively promote your company, it is important that is is done in the right way. Do it wrongly, and your booth will simply lie there unnoticed. Do it right, and your booth will attract all the right people.
So, what are some basic do’s and don’ts when at a trade show?
What are some of the Do’s?
- Make your booth unique: In order to maximize customer reach, it is important to invest in a booth that will stand out. This can be achieved in many ways. For example, you can play with different colours and designs, in order to make your booth as visible and prominent as possible.
- Make your booth versatile: The booth should be versatile so that it can be modified to different sizes. This will allow for flexibility in increasing or decreasing your trade show footprint, while keeping your booth visually stimulating.
- Include several promotional tools: Having some promotional tools, such as giveaways, can act as a way of attracting customers to your booth. You could provide some free product samples or branded merchandise. This will also help them remember you after the show.
- Collect contact details: Don’t be shy about exchanging contact cards with the people you spoke with. This will allow for future correspondence and collaboration between both parties after the trade show has ended.
- Maintain a positive attitude: In any trade show, it is important to have a positive attitude. Being approachable will help significantly, as a trade show attendee would be more likely to explore the booth of a company that seems welcoming to them.
And some of the Don’ts?
- Badmouth your competition: Never badmouth your competition, as this is extremely off putting. It will make your company seem insecure. Instead, focus on your products and why they are great.
- Provide too much print: It is normal to print out brochures, fliers, or booklets to hand out at the trade show. But, make sure that they are high-impact, and do not print too many of them. Aside from being expensive, they will also confuse the attendees. They will also most likely just throw them in the garbage.
- Use lingo: Do not use words, acronyms, or other jargon to describe your products, as the other trade show attendees might not know of, or use, these terms.
- Eat or drink in the booth: Eating or drinking in the booth looks extremely unprofessional, and this would drive away people from your booth. It can also cause the booth to stink. Take your mealtimes in shifts with fellow booth staff.
- Start a conversation without finding out your audience: This can cause you to reveal too much to the wrong person, such as a competitor. Make sure that you find out a person’s name, designation, and reason for being at the show. This way, you can cater to their needs better, and prevent yourself from revealing too much.
Have a big trade show coming up soon? If so, Mindsparkz is the right place for you! We are well-equipped in various graphic and product design services, making us the perfect choice to help you create your dream booth! We also engage in product branding, web design services, and designer retainer programs. Feel free to contact us today!