The 5 Key Elements of a Great Logo!
In today’s competitive world, it is very important for a company to set itself from its competition. One way to do this would be through branding. Creating an effective brand would allow your customers to resonate with a company better, and this helps improve many things – including sales! In any brand, the most prominent aspect would be the logo. For example, Nike has the swoosh, and Adidas has the 3 stripes. In any brand, the logo would act as the first point of contact, and something that customers create an association with. Therefore, it is extremely important to create a good looking logo!
So, what are 5 key elements of a great logo?
- Use of Colours – Any great logos incorporate smart use of colours. When it comes to colours, there are a few general rules to follow:
– Firstly, one should use colours that are near to each other on the colour wheel.
– Also, one should avoid using colours so bright, that they are hard on the eyes.
– It should look good in black and white, grey-scale, and two colours.
However, it is also a good idea to play around with individual colours. Distinctive colours can also make a brand recognizable.
- Style – A great logo incorporates a design style that suits the company’s brand. There are many different design styles. Thus, it is important to research on the clients and audience before creating a logo.
- Font – The choice of font is extremely important. There are many types of fonts to choose from, including serif and sans-serif fonts. There are also script, italics, bold, and custom fonts to choose from. When choosing fonts, there are a few key points to take note of:
– Avoid commonly used fonts, such as Comic Sans. These can make your design look amateurish.
– Make sure the font can be read, especially when the logo is scaled down.
– Do not use too many fonts. 1 is ideal. not more than 2.
- Simplicity – The best logos have simple designs. The simpler it is, the more recognizable it is. When creating a logo, follow the K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple, Stupid) rule. Simplicity should be the key goal, complexity should be avoided.
- Balance – When creating logos, balance is important. This is because balanced designs are visually appealing. To keep a logo balanced, make sure the graphics, colours, and size, are kept equal on each side.
So, these are the 5 key elements of a great logo!
Would your company need help with logo creations? If so, feel free to contact us today! Here at Mindsparkz, we offer product branding services, and our designers working extremely hard to ensure the highest quality. So, you can be sure to gain an edge over your competitors with our assistance!
Apart from product branding services, we also provide graphic design services, product design services, web design services, and a designer retainer program! Feel free to look through our portfolio, which includes logos that we have designed, as well as other designs for clients!